Raw Access Logs allow you to see who has accessed your site without the use of graphs, charts or other graphics. You can use the Raw Access Logs menu to download a zipped version of the server's access log for your site. This can be very useful when you need to see who is accessing your site quickly.
This is also very useful when you need someone to look at your web statistics, but you do not want to give that person your cPanel login.
- Login to cPanel and click the Raw Access Logs icon.
- Click the name of the domain or subdomain you wish to view. (If you want to see the stats for an addon domain, just click the corresponding subdomain name.)
- Click on Save to save the log to the directory shown by your browser's save file window.
- Extract the downloaded file with WinZip (or another program which extracts .gz files).
- To view the log, open it with MS Word or WordPad (or any text reader which can interpret line breaks).
The raw logs can also be opened with a web statistics program of your choice (like WebLog Expert). The program will add graphics, charts, and other features.
Archived Raw Logs
Currently there are no archived log files. Do not worry about this message. This simply means that cPanel has not archived (backed up) any of your raw access logs.
You can enable this at the top. Go to Configure Logs: and check the box next to "Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each stats run[ [every 24 hour(s)~]] ."